Friday, August 14, 2015

The Ten You Wish to Meet: Processing

A couple of days ago, I asked you to consider the ten people you would like to meet. I divided them into three different groups, and gave you some guidance for how to select them.

As I teach in group therapy/group work courses,  the processing of exercises is often as or more important than engaging in the exercise itself. So, here are some questions to help you process your list.

1) What does the list teach you in terms of your values and desires?

2) What could it mean if you actually reached out to these people on your lists?

3) What internal barriers or blocks would stop you from reaching out to these people?

4) Do you believe that you are worthy of reaching out to these people?

5) How would you deal with it if some people rejected you?

6) What could it mean to be more intentional about who you bring into your life?

I would love to hear from some of you about your responses. People usually send me personal writing like this via email; don't feel obliged to respond here (but I would love if you would do so!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment