The other day, I wrote a simple post on writing rituals. If you do not have a writer’s ritual, your challenge today is to develop one. If you have one, your challenge is to consider how well it is working for you. Here are a few questions to guide you.
1) Does my ritual increase the likelihood that I will write?
2) Does my ritual help me make writing a distinct part of my life?
3) Does my writing ritual address potentially problematic uses of technology?
4) Does my ritual take too much time?
5) Am I so dependent on my ritual that I can’t write unless I engage in it?