Thursday, August 6, 2015

Grateful at 50

I am 50 today. As I wrote a few days ago, my life is a bit different than I thought it would be a year ago. I thought I was going to be in Antigua, Guatemala, a place that is special to my heart, with my (now ex) wife and youngest daughter.

Things have changed, and you know what? Its still amazing! I have had an amazing life full of amazing adventures, so much love, an amazing career, and constant opportunities for art, laughter, creativity, living and being of service. I don't know how far I will make it into the next half a century, but I am going to live it my way: vitally, meaningfully, with laughter, passion, intensity, service, joy, poetry, writing, coaching, teaching, and dogs!

I am starting my morning with wild blueberry pancakes at The Old Milwaukee Cafe- a Tacoma institution. I love pancakes!



Who would have thought that my forever home would be in The City of Destiny, The Gritty City, Tacoma Washington. Who would have thought that this year would mark the beginning of my empty nest years, emptier, and more full, than I would have once imagined.  And then again, who knows? Hopefully, my youngest will be coming back home after her gap year, but where her adventures take her, I would not want to control. She will have her own adventures!

I would never have dreamed that my love of writing and therapy would have led to my coaching practice; my favorite part of my career! I could go on and on; everything is so unexpected, and that is the magic of life! Live it, live it hard, cherish the magic and mystery!

And given time, I will walk those cobblestone streets of Antigua again. Alone? Hand in hand with a new love? With one of my kiddos? Who knows, but I am ready for it universe. I am ready for you. Bring it on!!




No comments:

Post a Comment