Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams, 1951-2014

Another day for two posts, and a post I would rather not write.


I am teaching a four week class, Introduction to Masculinities. It is an intensive, online course based upon a constructionist pedagogy. Students engage in reflective discussions where they work with each other to understand the various ways that masculinities impacts there lives.

It is sadly ironic that this week one of our assignments asks students to use various social theories to explore a scene from the classic Robin Williams film, Good Will Hunting. It happens to be one of my favorite five films. Robin Williams also happens to be one one of my five favorite actors. Yesterday, he died.

I want to write something witty and profound, something to inspire you to write today. Something about writing to honor someone who was brilliant at his craft, or something about not wasting the precious little time we have.

Yet, I think, sitting here, numb and sad, I can tell you I am going to write today, as that is what I know to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment