Sunday, August 17, 2014

Feed Your Head: Check Out Kyra Gaunt's Blog

Ok, day four of jet lag- somebody make this stop! So, what do I do, but read some blogs of scholars that I know. One of my favorite scholars (people really, she is too cool!) is Kyra Gaunt. Krya explores the identity of Black girls in the media and how they navigate exploring their own developing senses of agency, power, and position in society (says me, not sure she would present her work in this way, sorry Kyra if you reading this). For the past couple of hours I have been reading her blog, Black Girls/You Tube.  Its one of those blogs where you are invited into a conversation with a facile mind, a keen observer, and a caring soul. Feed your head; read it! It almost make jet lag worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment