As the new new academic year is soon upon us, it is time to makes certain we have our writing goals established for the coming academic year.
Here are a few questions to help you work toward working on or evaluating your writing goals.
- What new scholarship do you want to produce and publish this year?
- What obstacles might you face that could get in your way?
- What new skills do you wish to develop that will facilitate your writing goals?
- What methods will you use to achieve this goals?
- If you dared to “dream big,” how would your goals look different?
Don’t just think about these question and have a plan in your head. Do some free writing, and then commit your goals to a written plan. Share you plan with others to increase your sense of accountability.