It is now official, I am conducting an online workshop with the wonderful Taos Institute. Register soon, as spaces are going to be somewhat limited. I will write more, but I have never been so excited about a collaboration!
A Taos Institute Workshop
Rich Furman, MSW, PhD
Dates: January 25 – March 18, 2016 (an 8-week online workshop)
This eight-week online workshop is designed to empower scholars and doctoral students to increase their ability to write and publish. It adopts a strengths-based, developmental approach that deconstructs evidence-based strategies unknown to most scholars. Conducted by an internationally known writing coach, therapist and professor, participants personalize lessons to meet their scholarly goals and dreams through writing exercises, on-line discussions, weekly group conference calls and video lectures. This workshop helps participants master skills and knowledge within four domains:
1) Writing productivity
2) The ins and outs of writing articles, books and dissertations
3) Managing the journal selection, submission and peer review processes
4) The psychosocial barriers that inhibit these three other domains. This last area is a special focus and expertise of the facilitator and makes this course a unique and fulfilling experience.
- Master methods of writing productivity.
- Make significant progress on longer projects (books and dissertations), or complete and submit an academic article.
- Develop tools for breaking through personal blocks and barriers that hinder writing productivity and scholarly success.
- Develop life-long and regular practices for successful writing
Live Group Calls:
- Each week for the 8 weeks everyone will participate in a group conference call.
- Calls will be held on Wednesdays each week for 1.5 hours.
- The time for the calls is 11:00 AM NY time/ Eastern US Time – please see the WorldClock website to convert to your own time zone.
How to register:
Go to this link, (Register Now!) complete and submit the form, and then make your payment. Your registration is complete only upon receipt of the registration fee. If you need assistance, email email@example.com.
Registration Fee: (US dollars)
Student - $450(register by Dec. 15th)
General - $700 (register by Dec. 15th)
Late registration fee (after Dec. 15th) add $75
Registration due no later than January 15th.
Rich Furman, MSW, PhD, is Professor of Social Work at the University of Washington Tacoma and author of the acclaimed, “Practical Tips for Publishing Scholarly Articles.” Rich’s mission is to empower academics to maximize their strengths and transcend their psychosocial barriers so they can build powerful careers and thrive. In addition to having conducted workshops around the world on scholarly writing and publishing, he provides individualized coaching to doctoral students and scholars of all academics ranks, in all academic and professional disciplines. He is the author of over 15 books and over 120 peer-reviewed articles. His areas of interest include globalization and social work, men and masculinities, the criminalization of immigration, and expressive qualitative methodologies.