Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Psychosocial Barriers To Publishing

Over the next few weeks, I am going to start writing more on the psychosocial barriers to writing and publishing. As I have recently joined the "twitter" generation, I have discovered that there are many, many people who present overly simplistic explorations of writing and writing productivity. Some of this is due to the medium, yet even when I read some of the links I find a great deal of very cookie cutter advice. It is good advice, but it fails to really help scholars produce more.  It is akin to telling people to work out and eat better; sometimes possessing the information is not enough.

Yes, you should write nearly ever day. Yes, daily writing beats binge writing. Yet, it is our own "stuff" that gets in the way of following this and the myriad of good advice on writing that is available. Overcoming these barriers nudges us into the realm of personal growth, healing, change, and dare I suggest, transformation.

So, I will exploring this realm my summer focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment