Monday, July 14, 2014

The Job Hunting Coaching Package


Please skip if you looking for a post on writing tips and are not on the job market! There was one earlier in the day- please scroll down! If you are starting to think about applying for positions, you might want to check this out.

A few people have asked me lately if I help with job hunting, and how much and what type of support do I provide.  Yes, I do, and have a bit of extra time as I am on sabbatical in the fall!

Last year, the vast majority of my clients that were job hunting had offers, and all those who “needed to find job,” found one!. A couple had offers but elected to stay; job hunting often can be used as a means of values clarification. In terms of how much support I provide, frankly, the answer is, “as much as you want.”  Since that is perhaps no helpful, I have been thinking through some ways of conceptualizing a constellation of services.

While I do make individualized suggestions based on an assessment of my clients’needs, I think sometimes it is helpful to have a place to start. Not many academics have worked with coaches before, so a bit of structured guidance helps. And with that in mind, I have created the....

Summer Job Hunting Special Package

This package is designed to help you begin to navigate the academic job hunting process. It includes.

1 hour telephone chat to explore goals
1 hour cv review
1 hour cover letter make over
2 hours of practice telephone interviews (one of these after some suggestions for change based on the first call)
2 hours of video mock interviews
1 hour wrap-up of initial work
4 hours of telephone strategy calls, before, during or after interviews

The rate for this is $1000 dollars, pre-paid for job hunting only, for “starts” beginning now to December 1, 2014.

Of course, if you have something else in mind, or want something more individualized, let me know. I am always willing to chat on the phone for an initial (uncharged) consultation. That goes for coaching of any kind.

Email me if you have any questions at Richfurmanphd@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment