Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My Blogging Rut

I am a in a blogging rut. I am not in a writing rut, as my academic and creative writing are coming along well. But, I am in a blogging rut. I have hit these a few times, and they usually come after a period of intensive posting. Since June, I have posted well over 100 times- pretty good blog productivity indeed.

So, what lessons can I give myself here, as I wish to renter after a down few weeks. Come on coach, coach thyself!

First, I can start with a simple post such as this. When we reenter work, it does not have to be brilliant, it just has to "be".

Second, I can forgive myself for a down period. Beating oneself up for not being at our best negates the fundamental truth of being at one's best -some periods are better than others.  Its not all "best". We just have to jump back in.

Third,  while not judging myself, I can also challenge myself to see if I can kick things into another gear. By the end of the weekend, I will have a few new posts "banked" I can do that. I will do that.

Forth, I can do this, and let go of it. Do it, move on. Ok. Done. Posted. Boom.


No comments:

Post a Comment