Monday, January 4, 2016

The Books That Have Made My Soul Dance


I spend a lot of time in this blog on writing and publishing, and less on reading. That is unfortunate, as without readers, authors have no reason to write (well, other than fame and fortune, or at least for us academics, jobs, tenure and promotion).

Also, I love books, and sometimes, with all the time I spend writing, teaching coaching, and living life, I forget to read!

We each carry books with us throughout our lifetime, physically or metaphorically. When we need an emotional, intellectual, or psychic boost, we turn to these books for inspiration, comfort, solace, power, ect.

In the next few posts, I am going to open up a few of the books that make my soul dance and share some of my favorite passages, and perhaps wax a bit about each. I hope you enjoy, or are at least called to read!



No comments:

Post a Comment