Thursday, February 22, 2018

Post Knee-Carpentry Writing- 147 words

30 minute writing block, three hours post-knee replacement surgery. Full of weird drugs. Strange machines attached to me, beeping their mysterious calls. Nurses checking vitals constantly. Strange and deep pain. Oxygen monitor on my pinky, making it hard to type.

147 words on an article exploring literary tools for autoethnography.  This is going to be a good one!  I will do it again tomorrow. And the next day. Why? Because that is what and who I wish to be.

How? Applying the tools I have learned, developed, mastered, and now teach through workshops, my scholarship, my blog, and coaching practice. I love that I have so many tools and methods that I can apply to myself, help others perform, tweak, adjust, adapt, create. I always am working at honing my practice.

Sound a bit arrogant? Maybe, but I am feeling pretty good about this writing block, under the circumstances, and about what I have to offer to others. Or maybe it is the drugs 😼😼

No comments:

Post a Comment