Monday, July 15, 2019

Greetings from Mexico City

I thought I would say hi this morning. I have been in Mexico city with my baby (21-year-old-damn- amazing-young-woman-baby), and my wonderful significant other Sandy. 

What have we done so far in our week?

Mescal tasting
Wondering the markets
Frida Kahlo museum 
Tamayo museum (contemporary art)
Diego Rivera mural museum
Wonder amazing parks
Ballet folklorico (I scored front row center seats--the clicking of heals and almost the could feel their sweat!--amazing)
The great temples (they are technically not pyramids) of Teotihuacan
Wondered around Roma, Condesa, Coyoacan a few other neighborhoods
Went to a cat cafe, twice!! 
Pet a ton of dogs, a pug named Coco being my fav, in case you need to know (important info for some of you, I know!!)
I had a great massage.
Have eaten our butts off, never thought I would want to take a day off from mole, but here I am...

And today, our last day in this amazing city, a salsa making class. I am sure I am missing something.

And yes, I have written each day, making it just short of 21 years of daily writing. There is always, always time for writing!

I am happy, healthy and well....On Tuesday, off to Lima, Peru for three days as Sandy and Rebecca return home. Lima, one of my happy places--then off to Santiago Chile for two weeks.

I will write about it more in a subsequent post or two, but in Santiago, I will be finishing the last residency and other requirements for my MFA in Creative Nonfiction--a bucket list idem for me. Yeah, I have been doing an MFA on the site :). 

Saludos all!


No comments:

Post a Comment