Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Writing While Sick

I have a cold. I don't get them often, and when I do, I am a big baby. But still, I am writing. Why? I have spent a long time working on the tools and skills (writing processes, cognitive restructuring, "mental game" if you will) that makes writing a very unstressful activity. I just do it, without much cognitive load, with very little emotionality and very little cognitive chatter.

When sick, I know that I may not have a great session, but who cares? I don't need every session to be good when I am writing each day. I just need to stay in process, one writing task at a time, and let go of the results. Paradoxically, this leads to, over time, happy results.




1 comment:

  1. That is än important and valid point: Just keep on writing! Get well soon Rich. 🙂❤☘

    ReplyDelete