Follow this sequence and see what happens.
1) Quickly identify a place on your primary writing project that you need to expand.
2) Find two sources with information/theory/data to help you at that spot.
3) Set timer for ten minutes, scan each for needed material, five minutes each.
4) Return to spot, and write quickly, without censure, but with intentionality, until your done.
5) Read. Ask yourself, "how do I improve the ideas here"?
6) Do it, for ten minutes
Repeat, every day, over and over and over :).