Sunday, April 16, 2017

Write more, focus on publishing less

I attended a writer's group yesterday that I go to every once in a while. We spent a lot of time talking about publishing; more about publishing than writing, in fact. While this was a creative writing group, I am struck by the implications of this for all writers.

Too often, people focus on the desired outcome and not on the actual processes to get there. Scholars and writers who want to publish a lot should write a lot, or at least spend more of their time focusing on their writing than they do on the desire to publish. 

I know, I am not saying anything new, revolutionary, or even perhaps insightful. Yet, its what strikes me today, and as I try to work my way out or a bit of blogging rut, a decent post is more than enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment