Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year: 2020

Happy New Year everyone. Of course, you are thinking about your new year resolutions.  Here is a post form 2016 that I wrote, 10 New Year Resolutions for Academic Writers! I hope it provides some inspiration.

Here we are, the 8th calendar year of my blog, Write, Publish, Thrive. Since I explore so much besides writing, I really wish I had thought of another title, but, those of you who have followed this over the years know to stop in for ideas about productivity, emotional well-being, leadership, writing, job hunting, the tenure track, books, essays, higher education, and from time to time, cute doggies (and Toby the cat too!).

I try not to have too many concrete outcome goals, and mostly try to stick to my processes and let the results take care of themselves, but I want to declare a few of my own intentions this year.

1) I will write 100 posts on my blog. Last year was my second least productive year since I started in 2012, with just over 60 posts. I want to do better, I want to challenge myself, to get back to my posts as part of my writing practice. My fall term blogging break was helpful. Blogs can be hard to sustain, but I have spent some time generating topics and freewriting some ideas, so I am feeling good about this goal.

2) Finish the revisions of Navigating Human Service Organizations on time, by March 2. I love the way it it shaping up. I am super close!

3) Connect more deeply and consistently with friends--I can do better.

4) Of course, write every day, as I have for 21 years.

That is if for me--nothing dramatic or two heavy. Life is good. Forward!

May the light of the universe shin upon you this year.


2 comments:

  1. Everything else falls under the “thriving” umbrella, right?! So, good blog name ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana!!! Great to see you here another year!!!!!!!!

      Delete